Day 12 is about sending in photos or top tips to magazines, in the hope of one of them being published, and you receiving payment for that. You need to ensure that each top tip and photo is exclusive to that magazine. Magazines want everything from top tips to “hubby in the nuddy” photos.
- Brainstorm a few ideas to send over. For top tips inspiration you can visit my Pinterest boards.
- Decide whether you can photograph your submission. Submissions with photos tend to fetch a higher fee. If you want to send in photos, go through your phone, Instagram, laptop, Facebook, blog, whatever to see if there’s something you’ve already photographed. If not, see what you can stage quickly.
- Get sending them in – there’s a list below of places to send your photos.
Take a Break:
- Brainwaves (top tips). £50 with a photograph, £25 for text only. Upload them here.
- Recipes – £25 for each one that is published and entry to a draw to win £500 here. You will need a photograph of the recipe and a photograph of yourself.
Pick Me Up:
- Togglygook – baby/children photos.
- You’re Having a Laugh – funny photos.
- Hubby in the Nuddy – what it says on the tin.
- Top tips
All photos should be emailed to email@example.com and you can receive £25 if one gets published.
There’s also the chance to participate on their Facebook group and if your answer is selected to appear in the magazine, you’ll also receive £25. This includes things like answering moral dilemmas and offering advice. Remember that they’re actively looking for content and they’re willing to pay.
There are no Teacher’s Pet options today.
Have you ever sent in top tips to magazines? What about real life stories? If you’ve sent in a story and been paid, I’m keen to hear from you!